Android Engineer, Experience (San Francisco)
Senior Android Engineer Experience
The Experience team is responsible for delivering products and features used by millions of Venmo users every day. Everything from sending money to friends to managing a Venmo card are all apart of what we do. Building innovative and user friendly products is at our core and as a result Venmo’s ever-evolving suite of products improve millions of lives daily. Be ready to build something amazing when you get here. Our users are loyal and passionate, and our products sit at the core of a vibrant and extremely competitive industry.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a team that is on the cusp of the next wave of innovation. As an engineer on the experience team you will be primarily responsible for owning feature development end to end, but you should be comfortable moving between layers in the stack from application development to UI and Framework. You will be responsible for developing the next wave of products and features as well as maintain existing features. In addition you’ll also be responsible debugging and delivering the best, the most secure and the most performant application possible. Testing is an important part of what we do so writing and running tests are an important part of how we maintain a quality product.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years experience in software development or a related field
- Strong Skill Set in Java and Kotlin.
- Deep knowledge of Android SDK tools and optimization techniques.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with others
- Strong understanding of testing best practices and familiarity with at least one testing framework such as Expresso, JUnit, Mockito.. etc…
- Experience with SQL and caching mechanisms
- Excellent understanding of ConstraintLayout, Animations, Material Design, Vector Drawables, Fragments and Custom Components.
- Intimate knowledge of common design patterns, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- Ability to own the development lifecycle from start to finish
- Understanding of Threading concepts such as Thread Pools, Queues, Binders etc..
- An understanding of Services in Android such as BLE or other third-party Services.
- Bachelors in computer science OR related field of study or equivalent work experience
How to Apply
About Company Venmo
Company Website: https://venmo.com/jobs/