Senior Scrum Master
Cox Automotive is currently accepting applications for an experienced Full Time Remote Senior Scrum Master to join our team in Austin, TX.
As a Senior Scrum Master, you will take ownership of developing scrum teams that deliver exceptional results to achieve business outcomes, irrespective of the challenges the team may encounter. Your team will use an inspect and adapt cycle to continuously improve the delivery of valuable, working software, and they will take complete responsibility for failures without looking for excuses. This team will have a laser focus on the creation of valuable, working software and will utilize a collaborative process that minimizes defects, rework, and time spent on work that will never contribute to delivering value to clients. The team will use sufficient and effective communication to create a shared consciousness of current state, desired state and a shared understanding of quality, value, and time to market goals. This team will set and consistently achieve sprint goals and all members of the team will experience work as both sustainable and challenging.
Skills & Requirements
Facilitate the pragmatic use of Agile ceremonies that consistently produce the benefits intended by the agile framework and enable the organization to deliver products incrementally using inspect and adapt cycles.
Drive high performance and collaboration in teams that themselves accountable and interact constructively within the team and outside of the team with all members of the organization
Own the use of an accurate, complete, readable, single source for artifacts and workflow information that the organization needs in order to engage in continuous planning, observe/monitor work in progress, and quantify the inspect and adapt cycle at the scrum team level.
Coach the team on writing user stories that ultimately enable scrum team focus and prioritization
Facilitate the identification of delivery focused solutions to address true root cause of issues
Own full alignment across dependent teams within a release train; manage risks and dependencies such that all parties are aligned with delivery strategy and sequence. Drive over-communication as necessary to ensure a shared understanding of dependencies.
Proactively identify, manage and communicate impediments to expedite resolution.
Drive scrum team accountability for ensuring the sprint commitment is less than / very close to the average velocity over the last five sprints, maximizing the likelihood of delivery on sprint commitments.
- 5+ years of direct experience in the scrum master role, during which time you successfully drove continuously improved team performance with software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- 5+ years of direct experience in the scrum master role working with teams using Agile Engineering practices (Automated Testing, TDD, Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment, BDD, Pairing, Mobbing, etc.)
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Psychology (with work experience in IT organizations) or equivalent work experience.
- Mastery of the SDLC, demonstrated by expertise on the various phases of work associated with software development
- Mastery of the Agile framework demonstrated by expertise on how to achieve the positive outcomes associated with Agile
- Advanced skills writing queries and ability to interpret data (strong Excel or Tableau skills are a plus)
- Demonstrated success resolving inter-team / intra-team conflict and building relationships in a complex team environment
- Mastery of industry standard information radiators (preferably Rally; but experience with JIRA, TFS or another standard radiator will be considered)
About Company Cox Automotive
Company Website: https://jobs.coxautoinc.com
Cox Automotive is the only company in the world that offers a complete set of solutions for the automotive dealer. We go further to connect pillars of our industry to drive results for our full universe of clients, including dealers, lenders, OEMs and consumers. From inventory and marketing to sales and service — through each stage of a car’s life — we’re connected to the process.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance click here (CAIjobaccommodation@coxinc.com). No other request will be acknowledged.