Software Engineer II
Cox Automotive is currently accepting applications for an experienced Full Time Remote Software Engineer to join our team.
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Software Engineer you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.
Technologies we use:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Java or .NET
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a highly performing and highly available production system.
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers.
- Implement platform-level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions.
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions.
- Enhance performance and reliability of our current solutions.
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams.
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization.
Video content to learn more
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of development experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field (or an additional 6 years of broad development experience). Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- Strong Java or .NET skills and object-oriented design experience, including extensive knowledge of the Java or .NET technology platforms, applied use of design patterns and REST, and MVC technologies such as AngularJS or ReactJS.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies a plus
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Good understanding of industry development, deployment processes and agile development methodologies desired
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping is a plus
How to Apply
About Company Cox Automotive
Company Website: https://jobs.coxautoinc.com
Cox Automotive is the only company in the world that offers a complete set of solutions for the automotive dealer. We go further to connect pillars of our industry to drive results for our full universe of clients, including dealers, lenders, OEMs and consumers. From inventory and marketing to sales and service — through each stage of a car’s life — we’re connected to the process.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance click here (CAIjobaccommodation@coxinc.com). No other request will be acknowledged.